top of page

Wills, Probate, & Trusts

Protecting Your Loved Ones

When someone dies with property or debt, family members and survivors have concerns. Who has title or ownership of a home and its contents, automobiles, bank accounts, stocks and bonds? How can they be legally transferred while also avoiding death taxes? How does life insurance get paid to the right people? How is the funeral paid for? Who is entitled to inherit money and property? How will final expenses and debts be paid?

Protecting Yourself

You may become incapable of making decisions for yourself. You may suffer an accident that leaves you mentally diminished or be stricken with disease like Alzheimer's or dementia. Under such dire circumstance you'll want to know your preferences have been written in a legal document and that someone you trust has the authority to ensure your wishes are honored.

To protect your interests, and the interests of your loved ones, you need at least four documents:

* Last Will and Testament

* Durable Power of Attorney

* Healthcare Proxy

* Living Will

Protecting Your Property with a Trust

A "Trust" can protect your property ensuring it can be passed to your loved ones, and in some cases, avoid or reduce inheritance or estate taxes. It is often used to plan against nursing home care. If done right it can help avoid using your money to pay nursing home bills. 

If Your Family Member has Passed with No Will we can still go to court to request Letters of Administration which can give you permission to distribute assets.

Did Someone Take Advantage of the Deceased during their Life?

Sadly this sometimes happens. Call and let's discuss it. There may be legal recourse to correct this issue.



Gather up all the documents you can find including bank statements, 401K papers, home and automobile titles, and any other documents you can locate. Then contact Keith Weidman to schedule an appointment

Let my 35 years of experience put your mind at ease.

Keith Weidman, Esq.

bottom of page